12/11/2015

Med Cakes Bakery & Patisserie

So I'm boppin' around Watford looking for the treat shops away from High Street.  I need some treatage bad by the time I get to Whippendell Rd which to be fair, is only like 10 minutes away from my apartment.  But there were all these residences and I'm pretty sure I'm far away from any businesses when I spy this happening joint:

Med Cakes storefront on Whippendell Rd

It looks empty, but there were plenty of people in an out while I was snapping photos.

Cozy lounge area

Dessert case

Cake case
The cakes went fast, there were only 2 left when I got there and one lady was trying to buy this one:


Gateau

Gateau




Petit Four Biscuits


Brownie?

Madeleines dipped in chocolate

Chocolate Biscuits

Meringue
You could get 5 pieces of cake for 5 pounds.  I could NOT just get "a little treat" and dip. And I so often share I thought, why not indulge in  full box of goodies?

This was a dense cake-like pastry covered in chocolate.  Tasted like dates. Maybe a date cake.

Caramel flan with fruit filling.  Very light and fruity.

Carrot Cake: Dense and crumbly like cornbread. I will be back for this one.

Pineapple cake: Very light pineapple flavor. Light airy cake and frosting. 

...Delicious. I don't know what it is but it was delicious. Just a hint of chocolate on top.  A little denser than the pineapple cake and more creamy.  I had a hard time putting down the spoon.

The spread.

When my fiance stumbles upon that which he should not see and tries to take it away from me:


I did bring him a spoon though.






No comments:

Post a Comment