3/02/2016

Tried & True: Best Pinterest Recipes from February 2016

Of the many recipes I experimented with this month, these were the best; found on Pinterest these were the easiest to follow recipes, with effort exerted equal to the reward, and the best tasting finished product.

Top 3:
3. 1 Bowl Chocolate Hazelnut Cake (Gluten Free & Vegan) from Minimalist Baker
I made cake pops with these, the cake was very moist and I used a coconut milk and peanut butter "buttercream" to hold the cake pops together and dipped them into vegan chocolate and topped with freshly ground hazelnuts.  If I could go back and add espresso to the chocolate coating, perfection.

2. Carrot Cake Muffins w/ Cheesecake Filling from Omg Chocolate Desserts
These I found more like a dessert than a breakfast muffin.  The recipe makes 18 muffins but Mine only yielded 14 due to the size I made them.  There are a lot of steps ( making the muffin batter the filling the crumble, grating carrots etc.) but they result in a buttery carrot cake with the perfect balance of crunchy topping and creamy center.

1. Vanilla Chai Shortbread Cookies from Sugar and Soul
So quick and easy to make.  I found this cookie dough to be easily reformed and rolled out on the counter top many times without getting too dry or sticky.  I typically expect to make a cookie dough in twice the time it took to prep these.  No chilling or resting of the dough required. The glaze is an easy vanilla icing made with powdered sugar, cinnamon and milk (or water).  I ate so many of these cookies while glazing but ended up with around 20 in the end using a 3 1/2 inch cutter.  You should expect to eat at least two before you're done. It killed me to give them away.

No comments:

Post a Comment