12/06/2015

Genuine Cakes

One of the things I can truly appreciate about the UK is their commitment to tea time.  
A midday stop for treats sounds like something I have been doing on the DL for years.
When I first arrived in Hertfordshire there were menus at our hotel for tea time.  Beautifully decorated lounges dedicated to where people take their tea.  And shops that sell treats to be enjoyed specifically with tea.  I even took a class on how to make petit fours.  Now being an American I am of course more familiar with the quick and dirty coffee break.  Possibly a muffin to accompany it.  And then I saw this:

Genuine Cakes: Cake & Prosecco Bar
Why are we not funding this?


Genuine Cakes makes special event cakes as well as caters packages for afternoon tea time.


Macarons, cake pops, cakes and cupcakes.

Display cupcake


Nutella, Carrot & Walnut, Chocolate, & Oreo Cupcakes

Egg-less & Gluten Free Cupcakes with Vanilla buttercream
 I was taking many photographs of the cakes and the woman behind the counter handed me a sample of the carrot & walnut cupcake. I have recently been recovering from an illness and it took everything I had not to stop what I was doing for mid-day booze and treats.

Oreo Cupcake 

But I did get an Oreo cupcake to go. It was a very dense cake, not as sweet as cupcakes you might find in the US.  But that meant you could really taste the Oreo cookies in the cake and buttercream which I liked. A lot.  I split it with my fiance which made me regret not getting the 4 pack. 




No comments:

Post a Comment