4/15/2016

Juice to Boost

A desperate need for wifi and nutrients lead me into Juice to Boost.  An evening gorging on pork meats, cheese and beer left me a little hungover and tired the following day.  


Upstairs Loft
Raw Chocolate Milk; Watermelon Juice

Raw Chocolate "milk"
Drawn in by the chocolate.  Anything chocolate and I'm can be convinced its at the bare minimum drinkable.  Tell me health food and I'm resistant. But again, desperate.  I felt like I was carrying bowling balls with my eyebrows.  But this chocolate milk was a lot better than regular chocolate milk. More complex in flavor, deeper chocolatey-ness, not overwhelmingly sweet but sweet enough. 2% milk and chocolate syrup is basic.  I felt like I have been messing up chocolate milk my whole life.  

Watermelon Juice
I have been putting watermelon into my smoothies so I knew this was going to be delicious.  This was my safety drink in case the chocolate one turned out to be "too" something. But this. Was so. Refreshing.  I was disappointed we only got the small one.  It would have been the perfect walking around with a bit of a hangover drink.  Easy to sip, sweet and light.  Almost like a fruit tea but richer in flavor.

Energy Ball
This was some sort of raw cocoa ball.  I am not 100% sure what it is made of but it looked like a no-bake cookie. I have only had positive experiences with no-bakes. It was bomb. 

My husband's half that he may or may not have received.
This joint made me think I'm not giving healthy treat shops enough of a chance.  I regularly walk by places like this in LA on my way to places with buttercream and glaze and cream filling thinking there is no easy way to transition from one to the other.  One tastes like heaven on a biscuit and the other tastes like a dog biscuit.  But clearly I can be wrong.








No comments:

Post a Comment